2008/02/15

An email to a friend - on snowstorm & naughty-photo scandal

M.C.,

At last you have emerged when the RAT is greeting a chilly spring!
Wish you an auspicious RAT Year (RAT for Rising And Thriving)!

So you would like to talk about our motherland.
The recent snowstorm that struck South China was indeed a natural disaster. Fortunately the devastation did not extend too far. It will look minor compared to an ice age, which is anticipated, and recured from time to time in the planetary history. The prehistoric humans got through the last mega winter which lasted for an aeon and ended some 10 thousand years ago.
The next ice age could make its presence known all on a sudden. Even the top climatologists might have missed all the subtle clues that have suggested it has already been coming. Some say the anticipated super icy era is already overdue. Some say that global warming may delay the onset of the coming ice age, while others say the same may do just the opposite.
Some scientists suggest that the implications of global warming are still far from being fully understood. They need to do much more on research.
I would speculate that even if the experts manage to predict the onset of the future ice age, and get well prepared, most individuals of the human species could be wiped out of the surface of the earth.
If the human-inflicted global warming is true, and it does lead to a climatic catastrophe, no scientists, except for those who have an absolute religious faith, can tell who are to survive and who are not.
Mother Nature, if not identical to God Himself, must answer to God. And God did destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for certain sins no worse than those committed by modern humans.

Celebrating the Chinese New Year without God by my side, I barely survived a few chilly days and nights in the wilderness. In the last night of my stay it dropped from 10 degrees to just 6 with roaring gale that would blow for 21 hours on end from over the mountain ridge. I moved camp into a forest in the middle of the night in order to make sure my tent won't collapse. I had to plug up my ears with some 4-ply tissue to make the angry unremitting gusts sound less disturbing, so that I could get some sleep.
Mine was then the only camp remaining in the whole valley. It happened that I retained enough spirits to compose a peom on site for the camping.

In such cold days city boys like you would rather stay home watching TV, with a pitying heart, witnessing indirectly tens of thousands of migrant workers desperately waiting in vain for their train home, being exposed to chilling precipitation. They might be suffering from homesickness, they were safe after all.
There must be many unnoticed casualties and damages in the remote and backward areas where TV reporters could have no access at all. The agony that these poor people suffered could have been forgotten even before it was mentioned.
Where poor people still dare to stay poor, Mother Nature will always inflict righteous punishment without mercy!

And you just didn't let that "obscene photo incident" pass you by, why?
All right, as for that red hot scandal, I'd rather keep my eyes and ears away from that sort of pictures and stories. If I receive a hyperlink to those websites, I will delete it right away without clicking for the call of my curiosity and instinctive urges.
I am glad that I have known almost nothing about the celebrities in the show biz, not to mention local Canto-stars and all those innocent naughty girls taking part happily.
And I am lucky that I also do not know that glorious big boy for the least bit. I don't even know what this guy looks like, hence my humble brain can be free from being the least haunted.
I guess this must be a dude sexually irresistible to girls. And this could be a being certain girls are meant for.
And I am luckier still that I have no children, so I don't need to spend time in helping a teen daughter to rebuild the image of her icon, or talking a young son into not admiring or envying that victorious young man.
Such could be impossible tasks of the time in this part of the planet.
Although bees do it, and birds do it, successful ultimate intimacies with many young women is always a major constitutive part of many men's masculine pride. This phenomenon has an important place in human genetics and evolution, and also social economy.
According to the scenario told by my nephews in our Chinese New Year gathering, I think those naughty girls were just having normal sexual fun with a man they considered good enough and worthwhile, so good and worthwhile that they trusted him for all that much!
If they have suffered the unexpected foul consequence caused by certain rotten photo-stealing thieves, they have paid their price in terms of devaluation of vanity, only to a certain extent though.
If they have had even greater fun with the scandal's getting hot and spreading far, they could already be ahead of an emerging trend in this very conservative part of the world in which sexual hypocrisy is rampant, while the female body is still very much a traditional commodity in certain aspects, even in many ordinary blessed marriages.
I wonder if you get what I mean.

沒有留言: